Sunday, May 4, 2014

Milling Machine (setup)

I finally got around to unpacking and setting up the Grizzly Milling Machine. I brought the crate home in the Remackle trailer along with the stand I decided to by from Grizzly. The jib crane in the garage makes this sort of operation fast, easy, and safe.

IMG_6521(2)

First up assembly of the Grizzly machine stand (Part # G5944). The stand is light weight but surprisingly stable and well built.

IMG_6523(2)

IMG_6527(2)

Next disassemble the shipping crate to reveal the Grizzly G0619 milling machine. The machine and crate arrived in good shape with all the parts nicely packaged.

IMG_6528(2)

A single strap wrapped around the spindle casting provided a nicely balanced lifting point for the chain hoist. lifting the machine off the pallet and moving it to the stand could hardly be easier.

IMG_6531(2)IMG_6532(2)

I’ve temporarily left the mill sitting on a couple of 2 x 4’s  as I decide exactly how to make a base under the mill to provide clearance for the vertical hand wheel. I think I’m going to make a simple wood base that raises the machine almost 3” higher than the stock height.

IMG_6535(2)

No comments:

Post a Comment